By Noft Games on March 287 min read
NFT News 3/28
The world of NFT is constantly updated with exciting news! Do you want to keep up to date with the latest events? Learn about them together with Noft Games!
- March 21
- TIME Magazine will start accepting ApeCoin. Vitalik Buterin will appear on the cover of the first NFT issue of TIME magazine created in collaboration with LITDAO. It will be released on March 23.
- In collaboration with FTX and Blockchain.com Stripe will start offering support for exchanges, online platforms, wallets, and NFT trading platforms.
- As a result of a phishing attack on the Discord of the participants of the Rare Bears NFT project, a hacker gained access to 179 tokens belonging to them. The damage amounted to 286 ETH ($790,000). After hacking the Discord project, the hacker assumed the role of the official moderator of the community and posted a phishing link.
- The New Jersey Parliament will consider a ban for officials to accept gifts in crypto-assets and NFT. Members of the Legislative Assembly Christopher Tully and Ellen Park have submitted to the New Jersey General Assembly for approval a bill that will not allow government officials to accept non-interchangeable tokens (NFT) or other digital currency as gifts. The co-author of the law, Christopher Tully, said that the law is aimed at combating corruption using cryptocurrencies.
- Cheil Company, which is part of the Samsung Group, will be the first to enter the NFT market in Korea. Cheil Worldwide, a marketing agency that is part of the Samsung Group conglomerate, has announced its intention to become the first company in the NFT market in Korea. Cheil also plans to cooperate with large companies from the entertainment industry of the country, for example, Studio Dragons.
- March 22
- The NeoNexus NFT project has been criticized due to its collapse. The management of the NeoNexus project announced the transfer of management to the community, but almost immediately faced a wave of criticism. The team of NeoNexus, an NFT project based on the Solana ecosystem, has relinquished responsibility for management. It was tweeted by the founder of NeoNexus, Jack Shi. It is unclear what exactly caused the rejection of the project. Shi claims that they "can no longer continue the development" of NeoNexus.
- Estee Lauder will release the NFT collection in honor of Decentraland Fashion Week. The global leader of the cosmetics industry, Estee Lauder Corporation, has become a partner of the Fashion Week, which will be held in the Decentraland metaverse. This event was reported by the Beauty Inc. portal. During the event, the corporation plans to hold promotion of Advanced Night Repair serum. To do this, the corporation will create a virtual model in the form of a bottle from under the product. It will be possible to "enter" and get a free wearable NFT that will create a glow around the user's avatar. The token was created by makeup artist Alex Box.
- March 23
- Polychain Capital Invests $22 million in NFT Evaluation Protocol. The project wants to connect the worlds of DeFi and NFT. The upshot, a protocol that provides a valuation of non-exchangeable tokens (NFT), has raised $22 million in a Series A2 funding round led by Polychain Capital. Estimating the cost of an NFT is a difficult task, because the answer, in fact, is "how much someone is willing to pay." However, price data is important both for a potential NFT trader and for developers studying the intersection of decentralized finance (DeFi) and NFT.
- Survey: Almost a quarter of the British are ready to invest in NFT. According to a survey conducted by the analytical firm OnePoll, 24% of UK citizens intend to invest in non-interchangeable tokens in 2022. OnePoll researchers conducted a survey among 2,000 British citizens back in the fourth quarter of 2021. The pandemic, low-interest rates on bank deposits, and rising inflation contributed to the increase in interest in NFT. OnePoll analysts noted that in large cities, the adoption of crypto assets is much faster. For example, 41% of London residents expressed their willingness to trade NFT or make transactions with them.
- Twitter is expanding support for NFT in user profiles. On January 20, 2022, Twitter launched a new functionality with support for non-interchangeable tokens (NFT) for Twitter Blue users, a subscription that provides users with access to premium services. Such services include editing published tweets, posting longer videos, reading news without ads, and much more. Among other things, Twitter Blue will allow people to showcase the NFTs they own by setting them as their profile pictures. Now, this functionality will be improved.
- The crypto business expects the growth of the cryptocurrency market thanks to NFT and Web3. The heads of the cryptocurrency companies Synthetix and Immutable believe that despite the difficult geopolitical and economic situation, the cryptocurrency market will continue to develop largely thanks to NFT and Web3.
- March 24
- Publisher PUBG Krafton collaborates with Solana Labs. The agreement could bring blockchain and NFT integration into a popular battle royale-style game. Video game developer Krafton announced on Wednesday a partnership with Solana Labs that could bring non-interchangeable tokens (NFT) to its popular battle royale game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG). The South Korean company Krafton claimed that its plans for a partnership with Solana Labs included "the development and operation of games and services based on blockchain and NFT," according to a press release.
- The Japanese social network Line will launch the NFT trading platform. Japanese messaging giant Line is going to launch its non-interchangeable tokens (NFT) market on April 13, having established partnerships with several entertainment companies in the country. The platform, called LINE NFT, will operate on the company's own LINE Blockchain network. Users who issue NFTs on the platform will have to store them in the LINE BITMAX wallet. Thus, the exchange of NFT between users will be possible only through Line's own wallet service. As part of the launch of LINE NFT, the marketplace has established partnerships with several large entertainment companies. Among the launch partners is the popular entertainment franchise Yoshimoto Kogyo, the famous video game developer Square Enix, and the popular manga Patlabor.
- March 25
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa create and sell NFTs dedicated to BAYC. Rappers Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa have released a collection of musical NFTs on the Ethereum (ETH) cryptocurrency blockchain called Ape Drops 03 : An 8th on the topic of the popular non-interchangeable tokens Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC). The Ape Drops 03: An 8th collection consists of eight different digital assets. Each NFT includes a BAYC-style picture and a composition recorded by Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa. All tracks can be listened to for free before buying coins.
- Sotheby's begins NFT partnership with Liverpool FC. The famous football club becomes the last English Premier League team to enter the NFT game. The legendary Liverpool Football Club is emulating the world of non-interchangeable tokens (NFT) by announcing its debut collection in partnership with Sotheby's Metaverse. The cover of the collection will include generative images of each of the 24 players, which, according to the club, will be "an innovative way to celebrate being an LFC fan from anywhere in the world," according to a press release.
- What is the connection between NFT, Rocky, and Rambo? Stallone! The famous Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone got into the news bulletins of the crypto world, announcing his plans to release an NFT collection featuring Rocky and Rambo. It is expected that future token holders will receive exclusive privileges, including a meeting with the actor himself. Apparently, soon the team of celebrities in the NFT community will be replenished with another big name. The famous actor, producer, and screenwriter Sylvester Stallone has developed his own “PlanetSly" collection of 9,997 digital "SLYGuys". It is expected that it will be available to a wide range of viewers next month.
Mechanics Materials About Game